Shadow on the wall

Shadow on the wall

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SEA IN MY HEART

     
       I live at Adriatic coast . I love Sea . Above is one of my Paintings . Several years ago when I was far away from seaside I make this one Paintings. I call it - Nostalgia - because I miss the sea around me. In my town I can see the Sea any time even from my home window. I walk with my dog near the Sea when is rainy day , sunny , windy , at night time too. Every time Sea is nice ,  different , colorful and inspiration for me.
      Walking and watching the Sea I used to think of so many different topics . I like night time walk much more than daily. At night is quietly and there are nights that me and my dog are alone near the sea. My dog like the sea as much as me I think.
      Many of my Paintings I make on my mind first , walking slowly , watching waves , moon light , sky... I remember one story which happen many years ago in Bruxelles capital of Belgium. One very dear woman liked my Paintings and she often visited me in my home there. I liked her too. From time to time I was homesick. It was one of that occasion and I described her beauty of sunshine at sea and invited her to spent holidays in my house near the sea.At my great surprise she told me that it's not for her , because she doesn't like sea at all. I couldn't believe my own ears ! Till that time I was sure how everyone like to walk near sea , to look beauty of different blue colors between sky and sea ....
      For me only nature is perfect . I like sunny days more than rainy days. Spring and summer I prefer than autumn and winter but it's nice to have all four seasons . Sea is beautiful always and for me special as I wrote before I love sea.

3 comments:

  1. Cant imagine how beautiful life is when whe can see the sea from our own house window,and make a painting:)
    I've dream that since i was a child but can only see it through hotel window,haha
    Nice painting mrs Sannitta,love the freshness of the colors & your spontanous stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Love the light reflected on the water in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting! I'm also in love with the sea and I know it's influenced my writing and way of thinking. I grew up a ten minute bike ride from the ocean, and I used to visit almost daily, in winter or summer.

    ReplyDelete